Friday, October 8, 2010

Blogging Again? We'll See.


So a friend of mine mentioned today that I should be blogging about all my cooking and baking I have been doing lately. Apparently, several of my Facebook friends have been following my food related status updates. When I see them in the real world they ask me what I've been cooking for dinner lately. Now, I wouldn't say that I am any where near Julia Child or the blogger, Julie, who recently had a movie released about her foodie adventure. No, I just love cooking and happen to like writing recipes and now find myself dabbling in cake baking. Just today I was paid $30 for a trio of mini cakes I baked for a friend's mother. When she asked me if she could purchase a cake from me I thought, "Oh my gosh! Someone actually wants to pay me for what I love doing?!" The next day I was substituting in a 5th grade classroom which contained perfectly lovely students. Really. I am not being sarcastic, I promise! However, I found myself thinking, while supervising a Social Studies quiz, "I could be baking cakes right now." The thought surprised myself. I love teaching, but to get paid for baking sounds wonderful as well! So I guess, I will just continue to blog about my cooking/baking and see where this path leads. I would love to become a baker.

No comments: