Monday, October 12, 2009

Newsflash...not really, just an update.

My new job is...uh...interesting. I am not cut out to be an elementary teacher. It has its ups and downs and is not horrible I would just rather be in a classroom with older kids. But you know, I think there is this whole question of perspective. You know the old cliche, "The grass is always greener..."? For some reason wherever I am I think something else would be better. I don't think this is healthy. I really believe I need to flip the lenses in my life vision and find things to be grateful for rather than sit around feeling sorry for myself.
For the first several weeks of my job I came home crying and upset because this wasn't my old job. Well, I can also remember wanting an out from my old job! Kind of crazy I think when life gave me an out, but I spent so much time complaining about what I had been asking for. Make sense? Probably not.
I wanted change, but I wanted done my way and this is certainly not my way. However, when is change ever done by the rules we write for ourselves? Life would probably be really uninteresting if I was allowed to write my own script! Granted I am not where I want to be, but I suppose it could be worse, right?
I am certainly not where I thought I would be when I looked ahead on my life when I was 17. When I think of the innocent ideals of life I thought I had in my future then I certainly giggle a bit. My life really is good.
Now if only I could blink and live in Portland already AND have the "perfect" job (AND of course be married to Joe!). I suppose I will look back on this time of my life when I am 40 + and think, "Wow, I was still pretty clueless about life when I was 31."

1 comment:

Ms.J said...

One year later...I WANT to be an elementary teacher! Last year, I learned so much in my job and also made some wonderful friends. Also, I did get married to Joe in the summer.